CARAT NV privacy statement
+32 (0)14 540 898
F. Jacobs is the Data Protection Officer of Carat nv, he can be contacted at email@example.com.
Personal data that we process
Carat nv processes your personal data on account of you using our services and/or you freely providing this information to us. An overview of the personal data we process is set out below:
- First name and surname
- Address details
- Telephone number
- Email address
The purpose for and basis on which we process personal data
Carat nv processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to settle your payment
- In order for us to call or e-mail you, if we need to do so to perform our services
- In order for us to inform you about changes to our services and products
- In order to deliver goods and services to you
- Carat nv also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so
Personal data retention period
Carat nv does not retain your personal data for longer than it’s strictly necessary in order to realise the objectives for which your data is collected.
Sharing personal data with third parties
Carat nv only discloses data to third parties if needed for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
Cookies or similar technologies we use
Inspecting, correcting or deleting data
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Carat NV and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have of you on record in a computer file to you or to another organisation, in accordance with your instructions. You can send a request for inspection; correction, deletion and data transfer of your personal data or a request for cancellation of your consent or submit an objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your proof of ID along with the request. In this copy, you can render your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Identification number of the National Register. This is to protect your privacy. We respond to your request as quickly as possible, yet within four weeks. Carat nv further wishes to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Protection Commission (35 Rue de la Presse, 1000 Brussels - email@example.com ).
How we protect personal data
Carat nv takes the protection of your data very seriously and, therefore, takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
Carat nv has taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- We send your data via a secure Internet connection. This is confirmed by the use of 'https' and the padlock in the address bar. We guarantee that your details are safe on our website www.carat-tools.com.
- We require our staff to work with passwords by default
- By default, we require our staff to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- The rooms in which personal data is stored are locked when no people are working in those areas.
If, despite the above, you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are signs of misuse, please contact our customer service or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.